The STANDING ROOM ONLY drama club is seeking male and female students to audition for on-stage roles for its spring musical. Audition expectations are at the end of this information. An Audition Registration Form and Conflict List is also attached which should be completed in advance and submitted to Mr. Williams before or at the auditions.
All East Meadow students are welcome to try out on Monday, December 18th from 2:30pm to 4:00pm in the East Meadow cafetorium.
All Granby Jr./Sr. High students are welcome to try out on Tuesday, December 19th from 2:30pm to 4:00pm in the East Meadow cafetorium.
Students should plan to stay the entire time for the full audition, though directors will do their best to accommodate students who must leave early, however, these students may not have the opportunity to complete the full audition. Students who are not available that day must contact Mr. Williams prior to auditions to alternative arrangements (email@example.com).
There is a $25 participation fee for all students cast in the show (financial assistance is available) to offset the cost of costumes, scenery, props, and a cast party.
Rehearsals will occur every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00p that school is in session starting Thursday, January 4th. All students who audition are asked to be prepared to attend the first week of rehearsals. Not all cast members will need to attend all future rehearsals, but that will not be determined until the "call sheet" rehearsal schedule is released. Cast should keep all rehearsal times available however, as the call sheet may need to be adjusted based on how rehearsals are progressing. Additional rehearsals may be scheduled as necessary, as a result of weather cancellations.
The week of the show all cast and crew members must be available for all extended rehearsals and performances.
- Monday, March 12th - 2:00-6:00pm TECHNICAL REHEARSAL
- Tuesday, March 13th - 2:00-6:00pm TECHNICAL REHEARSAL
- Wednesday, March 14th - 2:00-6:00pm DRESS REHEARSAL
- Thursday, March 15th - 2:00-6:00pm (BACKUP DRESS REHEARSAL)
The show dates are:
- Thursday, March 15th - 7:00pm (cast and crew arrive 90 minutes early)
- Friday, March 16th - 7:00pm (cast and crew arrive 90 minutes )
- Saturday, March 17th - 2:00pm (cast and crew arrive 90 minutes )
- Saturday, March 17th - 7:00pm (cast and crew arrive 90 minutes, clean up and cast party afterwards)
AUDITIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Each student will be asked to sing alone for the directors a song that the student has selected. It may be sung a cappella (no background music) or the student may bring a CD or mp3 player to sing along with. The song does not need to be very long, as the directors are looking to hear only about 30 seconds representing the student's voice.
- Most students will be asked to read lines from a script along with other students. This will be selected by the directors.
Student may be asked to learn and demonstrate with a group of students a short movement routine performed to music, time dependent. The music and movement will be selected and taught by the directors.